By Roger Cador
Read Online or Download Against All Odds PDF
Similar baseball books
A brand new novel from the writer of the Studs Lonigan trilogyMuch like writer James T. Farrell, Mickey Donovan—the major personality in Dreaming Baseball—grew up at the South part of Chicago dreaming of changing into a celebrity for the White Sox. Donovan’s formative years dream got here precise in 1919 while he made the staff. although he spent so much of his rookie season at the bench, it used to be actually a mystical year—until the Black Sox scandal became it right into a nightmare.
In spring 1914, a brand new ballpark opened in Chicago. swiftly built after epic political maneuvering round Chicago’s and arranged baseball’s hierarchies, the hot Weeghman Park (named after its builder, fast-food mogul Charley Weeghman) was once domestic to the Federal League’s Chicago Whales. The park could quickly be referred to as Wrigley box, some of the most emblematic and debatable baseball stadiums in the USA.
In a brand new afterword Rob Ruck seems on the present country of baseball within the state that has produced Sammy Sosa and lots of different significant league stars.
David Ortiz first gained over the Fenway devoted in 2003 along with his mammoth domestic runs, beaming smile, tremendous hugs, and type middle. the next fall, he proved heroic, belting walk-off hits in video games four and five of the ALCS in an epic sequence comeback over Jeter’s Yankees. His mythical feats helped the pink Sox finish the 86-year-old Curse of the Bambino” and convey a global sequence name to Boston.
- Slide, Kelly, Slide: The Wild Life and Times of Mike King Kelly (American Sports History Series)
- Play Ball...Play Safe
- Fall from Grace: The Truth and Tragedy of "Shoeless Joe" Jackson
- Texas Baseball: A Lone Star Diamond History from Town Teams to the Big Leagues (Sports)
- From the Braves to the Brewers: Great Games and Exciting History at Milwaukee’s County Stadium (SABR Digital Library Book 39)
- Legends of the Philadelphia Phillies: Steve Carlton, Tug McGraw, Mike Schmidt, and Other Phillies Stars (Legends of the Team)
Extra resources for Against All Odds
Against All Odds by Roger Cador