By Amanda Anderson,Harry E. Shaw
This assortment bargains scholars and students of Eliot’s paintings a well timed serious reappraisal of her corpus, together with her poetry and non-fiction, reflecting the most recent advancements in literary feedback. It good points cutting edge research exploring the relation among Eliot’s Victorian highbrow sensibilities and people of our personal era.
- A finished choice of essays written by way of major Eliot scholars
- Offers a latest reappraisals of Eliot’s paintings reflecting a extensive variety of present educational pursuits, together with faith, technology, ethics, politics, and aesthetics
- Reflects the very most up-to-date advancements in literary scholarship
- Traces the disclosing hyperlinks among Eliot’s Victorian highbrow concerns and people of today
Read Online or Download A Companion to George Eliot (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
This paintings examines the theological dating among production and creativity within the works of J. R. R. Tolkien. It does so by way of bringing jointly a synthesis of varied disciplines and views to the creativity of J. R. R. Tolkien. Hart and Khovacs supply a clean analyzing of those vital topics in Tolkien, and the outcome captures the multi-faceted nature of Tolkien's personal brilliant theology and literary mind's eye.
Seminar paper from the yr 2007 within the topic English Language and Literature stories - Literature, grade: 3,0, RWTH Aachen collage (Institut für Anglistik und Amerikanistik), path: fresh Canadian Drama, language: English, summary: I. advent – A Canadian play for a German audienceWhile speaking in regards to the play “Billy Bishop is going to struggle” via John grey and Eric Peterson that used to be written in 1976, diverse issues of view play a decisive function.
Essay from the yr 2005 within the topic English Language and Literature experiences - Literature, grade: sixty seven% (grade B), collage of Cambridge (English Department), path: autonomous studying Module, 18 entries within the bibliography, language: English, summary: Dieses Essay beschäftigt sich vor allen Dingen mit der Vergewaltigung der Lavinia in William Shakespeares "Titus Andronicus", um sich anschließend der der Lucretia in "The Rape of Lucrece" zuzuwenden.
Essay from the 12 months 2014 within the topic English Language and Literature stories - Literature, grade: 1,0, loose college of Berlin (Englische Philologie), language: English, summary: The twenty-first century heroine fights in a Prada costume, within the jungle of huge towns, now not for international peace yet for discount buys.
- Essays on Conrad
- Mr Ireland's Vindication of His Conduct
- Writing the 1926 General Strike: Literature, Culture, Politics
- Panic Fiction: Women and Antebellum Economic Crisis
- Shakespeare and the Jesuits: To Fight the Fight
Extra resources for A Companion to George Eliot (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to George Eliot (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Amanda Anderson,Harry E. Shaw